Wedding Season

Well 'wedding season' is well and truly here! Since 24th April I've attended 14 weddings...! That is because I've started my new job as a Registrar.  It's a part-time role that I'm fitting in with running my business consultancy practice and being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  I love it! I've been able to see lots of different styles and colour choices so far.

At every class I run I always ask my attendees to suggest what they would like me to include in future classes and last month one lady asked for wedding and anniversary cards - woohoo! brilliant, what a great idea.

So I set about planning the class starting with colour schemes. Where better to start than trusty Pinterest and I found lots of inspiration with all the latest colour schemes for this season.  I can also confirm that the three I've picked are very popular so far this summer.
Firstly I chose a cool minty and coral scheme and for this I used Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Peekaboo Peach, here's the mood board I found on Pinterest.
And here is my bendy card design.  I used the Bloomin' Hearts thinlets dies and Bloomin' Love stamp set with added texture from the Celebrations Duo embossing folder and the sentiment is from my all time favourite Teeny Tiny Sentiments, it just fits perfectly in that banner stamp.



My second colour scheme was a richer one; Summer Berry.  I immediately knew I wanted to feature the new 'in-colours' of Berry Burst and Tranquil Tide and this is my finished result.
I used the new Stampin' Up! texture paste to create that gorgeous background and then following on from the last class where we did some watercolouring (using the watercolour pencils last time) this time I used ink and aqua painters to colour the big fat rose from Birthday Blooms which was 'fussy cut' and adhered onto a circle layer.  I absolutely love watercolour techniques and it's really easy to get great results using just a little ink in the lid of the case and an aquapainter dipped in water. I think that rich gold glimmer paper really finishes off this lush design.

My classes with these cards are both next week; Wednesday 21st June 7pm and Thursday 22nd June 10am.  If you're in the Retford area you can book a place now and make these projects with me. If you're not and still want to make them all the products used are Stampin' Up! and are available from my on-line shop - just click the link above.





Comments

Popular Posts