I'm an artist!

Stampin' Up! The Wilderness Awaits

No, really I am!!  Well, I've been surrounded by talented artists most of my life. My late, wonderful, stepdad was just a fabulous amateur artist, my awesome step-brother, Jonathan is a professional artist - check out his website here - my nephew, Nathan is just brilliant and ought to be a professional - check out his work here 

Anyway, I've always loved being arty and crafty but never great at sketching which is why I love Stampin' Up! stamps that do the sketch for me and I can then choose how to colour them in. I've been having a play with these beautiful new watercolour pencils from Stampin' Up! They're available from our new Spring/Summer catalogue which you can order from just in the New Year (4th January). I've used watercolour pencils before and there are lots available on the market but what I love about these is that they are in Stampin' Up! colours which makes it fabulous to co-ordinate with our card stock and accessories.

Here is a project I made using some little notebooks I found in a local shop, they were just plain kraft colour but I loved the size and they just cried out to be altered.  One of my loves is nature.... animals, birds, flowers and trees and one of my absolute favourite stamp sets is The Wilderness Awaits (from the annual catalogue) and although I've stamped the stag and fox on a few projects I hadn't used the duck until now.  I used watercolour paper for this project and then a Blender Pen which made it SO easy!
Here's a peek at a foxy I did for a birthday card for a special someone who has a Christmas birthday.



Have a look at Shannon from Stampin' Up! demonstrating some of the many uses and techniques for using these brilliant pencils on this YouTube video.  



I'll certainly be featuring them in my classes so if you're in the Retford area why not book yourself into a class, I'd love to see you make a wonderful work of art.

Comments

Popular Posts