Crafty New Year!

Stampin' Up! spiral flower Bigz die
Hi, did you all have a great Christmas?  I've been 'home sweet home' most of the holiday and took the time to rest and relax and also to do a little crafting too, of course!  I've been trying out some of the new products from the Stampin' Up! Spring/Summer seasonal catalogue and playing with some of my old favourite stamp sets too.
Those of you who know me personally know that I am not a full-time Demonstrator as I also run my own consultancy business which keeps me pretty busy but at this time of year I like to spend time pulling together my thoughts and planning activities for the year ahead.  So, I needed to make sure I had a new diary ready to help me plan.  I'm really fussy when it comes to using a diary - I always like to use a paper diary and just can't stand using the electronic one on my phone... there's something nice about the feel of paper and writing things down.  I also like a 'week to view' so I can see the full week ahead.  For the past few years I've had a personalised diary from PhotoBox with my own photos printed right through the year but this time I decided to buy an off the shelf pocket version and customise it myself.  I wish I'd taken a before picture (it was plain blue and really boring) but here is the after..with a matching bookmark. The photo of the diary looks a bit washed  out because I decoupaged the DSP in pieces and then finished the whole thing with a sponge of Mod Podge to make it a little more durable.  In a class before Christmas I taught how to stamp onto a cork surface and everyone did a pocket diary.  I had two left over so I added some alternative designs to these too!  Anyone want a diary?!!



I am so lucky to have great Stampin' Up! customers who are always giving me ideas of what they want to make in classes throughout the year and I love to learn what style of crafting everyone likes.  Needless to say, I can't please all the people all the time but if I can please the majority of you at some point then that's what I'm aiming for!

So, for 2016 my planning so far has concluded a full calendar of classes across a variety of venues and two full day retreat or deluxe classes.  I have so many ideas for projects whizzing through my head and I'm really excited to get this year off the ground starting with my first class of the year this coming Monday. Check out my Facebook page too if you haven't already - you can book your place at classes there as well as the usual ways. Crafty New Year everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts