Oh Man!

I just thought I'd share cards from my latest class with you all.  The class was all about making some cards for the guys in our lives, timely as Father's Day is just around the corner (21st of June here in the UK).

People often tell me that they find it hard to come up with designs for male cards and I have to say that we do tend to spend a lot of time stamping flowers!!  So it was a really refreshing change for me to share some masculine designs and also some new techniques in class.

mirror stamping technique
Firstly this card features the 'reflection stamping technique' which many of my class attendees had never done before. They all thought it looked really difficult and something they would struggle with, how wrong they were!  I even had a complete beginner in my class in Retford and she was delighted with the results she got.  This card features the 'Traveller' stamp set and I have used a little bit of 'Delightful Dijon' card stock which is one of the new 'in colours' for 2015 - 2017. Hey, who says lace is just for girls?... did you spot the tiny snip of Delightful Dijon lace ribbon just visible behind the tails of washi tape under the sentiment on this card, just to prove that you can be creative with the use of ribbon materials too.

My next card was a watercolour technique card, I've done this technique a good few times in classes now and it always goes down well.  It's so easy to use a stamp set which gives you the outline image all you have to do is add some colour.  I have grown to love this goose!  I wasn't a fan when I first got the stamp set but he's certainly got a place in my heart now :-)  I 'nibbled' away one edge of the watercolour paper to give some interest (I used my fingers not my teeth!) and stamped the background.  The snippet of card I used for the sentiment is Mint Macaron which is also a new 'in colour'... yummy!

Our last card was a bit of a sweetie (because I love cycling!) and I was able to highlight 2-step stamping using the Sheltering Tree stamp set; both the tree and the bicycle are stamped in two steps and the photopolymer stamp sets allows really accurate lining up of both images.  The die-cut layer has been embossed using Woodgrain embossing folder in the Big Shot and by popping the bicycle up on dimensionals this card has some texture.

Hope you enjoyed my masculine cards, if you would like to join me in a class check out my class dates and locations by clicking the tag above.

Comments

Popular Posts