Starry eyed wreath

Just home from running a private class for three lovely ladies who wanted to make a Christmas wreath.
For this I started with a piece of thick card measuring 30cm x 30cm (12" x12") and I needed to make it a wreath circle. Mmm, I looked all over the house for something large enough to draw a circle...just the thing a vinyl LP! Yup we have lots of those and it was just the right size, now for the inner circle. Ah, yes the lid off the biscuit tin! Lol :-)
Once I'd spent ages cutting out the circle shape 3 times we were ready to go. Each wreath was wrapped in chevron ribbon in Smoky Slate. A hot glue gun is necessary and unless you want to get stuck to the table use a silicone mat too! Once completely wrapped the ribbon ends get stuck down and a loop hanger added. All the stars were cut using the star framelits on the Big Shot. I made the ribbons curly by twisting them round a bamboo skewer, spritzer them lightly with water and then drying it using my heat gun. Reminds me of when I was little and my mum used to curl my hair using rags though not bamboo skewers!
Well my ladies had fun making this and I loved designing it and teaching them.

Comments

Popular Posts