Special Birthday

My neighbour and friend Dianne had a special birthday today and I loved making her a card which also doubled as a gift card holder and I made a custom matching envelope.
I used my favourite style of stamping at the moment which is 'collage' stamping where you build up layers of stamped images.
I stamped the card blank (Raspberry Ripple card stock) with basic grey ink using the 'Travel Journal' builder wheel which I also used on the tag topper.  I've used the 'Collage Curios' stamp set for most of the elements on the tag layer and the larger of the butterflies is from 'Papaya Collage'.  I sponged the edges and I used my Colour Spritzer Tool to add a mist of speckles in basic grey.  The sentiment I used is from Petite Pairs and I used markers to split the sentiment down to 'happy' and 'Birthday wishes' and I also used the 'th' from birthday to add to the big 40.  The numbers were cut using my old alphabet and numbers sizzlit set using the Big Shot and I also used a border edge punch and two butterfly punches.  Finishing touches were added with a vintage brad and some of the lovely tulle ribbon which has now retired.
I love making matching envelopes for special cards and this one was no exception.  I used Naturals in ivory card stock which is the same as on the card.  I love this card stock for more vintage projects as it has natural flecks and speckles in it and is quite soft to touch.  I used my Simply Scored board with the diagonal plate to make the envelope and then I decorated it using all the same elements as the card.  I finished it off with a big bow as the card also had a pocket inside which I put a gift card in so it became card and present in one.  Finally, I spritzed both card and envelope with shimmer spritz in champagne.

Comments

Popular Posts