Nice feeling...


It's been a while since I blogged as I've had the dreaded lurgy (flu) and haven't felt like doing much at all.  Just before I got poorly I had a small (but perfectly formed!) event to say thank you to my regular customers.  I was really delighted to receive a beautiful card from Linda my upline to congratulate me on a recent Stampin' Up! promotion.  I just love butterflies and Linda knows this, what I really love are the colours that she chose for this card, aren't they fab!  I also love the use of crisp whisper white and that Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  Love it!

So, during the event I showcased a few other cards that I'd made using items from the new Spring/Summer seasonal catalogue. Let me share them with you now.  First up is a card I made and decorated using the fabulouso Sizzlits pinwheel die for the Big Shot. A really simple layout for the card but aren't those little pinwheels adorable?  Also a great way of using up scraps of designer paper for a colourful card.  The die is only £4.50 and I think this is a bargain for what is proving to be hours of fun for me!!!  These pinwheels also look amazing when you stick them onto a cocktail stick and use them to decorate a plate of sandwiches or buns at a party.  I also used a new stamp set 'Wishes Your Way' for the sentiment.


My next card is also showcasing a Big Shot accessory; a brand new embossing folder Textured Impressions Honeycomb.  I just had to have this as one of my many nicknames is Bee, I've been known as Bee since I was a little girl and so I just love anything Bee related including honeycombs.  Again, it's a simple layout but sunny and warm don't you think?  I used a little bee stamp from the Spring Sampler stamp set (again from the Spring/Summer seasonal catalogue) which I coloured using Stampin' write markers and then punched out using a small circle punch.  I used a stamp from a Sale-a-Bration set 'Pretty Petites' for the sentiment.  You can get this set FREE if you place an order for £45 during SAB (until 22nd March).  Finishing off with a knotted ribbon - this yellow shade is So Saffron and is so lovely.

The last card I made uses the new Simply Scored Borders scoring plate to make a wavy embossed border. I love this new addition to the Simply Scored collection.  It enables borders to be embossed simply and easily without the need for a Big Shot, so it's a great addition to any crafter's kit.  I've used stamps from the Spring Sampler set again here to make a quick and easy get well card and I couldn't ever be without Teeny Tiny Wishes set of sentiments, there's something for every occasion in this set!

Comments

Popular Posts