A Commissioned Card

I just thought I'd share a card with you that I was asked to make.  My sister has been invited to a wedding and the bride and groom are both anglers. Their wedding invitation had a 'two people in a boat fishing' theme and she wanted to send an acceptance card along similar lines.
As this is a commissioned card I was able to use some items that aren't Stampin' Up! and some that are but are from 'retired' sets.
So, the gorgeous fishing owls were made using the two-step owl punch (current catalogue), their wings were made using the 2-step bird punch (current catalogue), their boat is Stampin' Up! designer paper from a retired series.  I made their fishing rods using cotton buds; snipped the cotton ends off and then coloured the stalks with permanent black marker.  The water was made using the scalloped edge border punch (current catalogue) and the sentiment 'aint love grand!' is part of a hostess stamp set which you can earn by hosting a party.  Inside the card I stamped another sentiment; 'Thank You' which allowed my sister to say thanks for the invite.  When I finished the card I thought - OMG is it too childish? but my sister re-assured me that it was just what she was hoping for - phew!  Being an angler myself I rather liked the fact that the lady owl caught the fish!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts